Mobile Deputy Manager Warminster Area
Applications for this vacancy have now closed
Dorothy House stores are at the heart of the charity and our community, raising vital funds and increasing public awareness of the incredible work we do. They are driven by our values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness. Their absolute focus is on delivering to specific budgets & targets, whilst maintaining operational excellence.
Our Mobile Shop Managers are an integral part of our retail team working to offer the best clothes, products and service to our loyal customers. Our shops have a strong community focus and enjoy seeking new ways to welcome people through the door.
Working in a charity shop isn't like other retail roles, it is way more exciting! You will be given the tools and the trust to support the manager in running the shop successfully and you will thrive in the continuing success of the store.
MOBILE DEPUTY MANAGER- Warminster Area | £21,839 per annum
- To support and inspire the store team, with effective communication, management and planning.
- Be a customer champion, use innovation and continuous improvement to create the best possible retail experience in the Dorothy House store.
- To consistently deliver excellent shop floor front and back of house standards to be a destination store for our customers, donors and volunteers.
- To ensure efficient stock control and rotation of all stock.
- To ensure that all backstage areas are properly organised and operate efficiently maintaining adherence to health and safety guidelines/procedures at all times.
- To support with the training, motivation and management of volunteers ensuring that they are competent to prepare goods for display; display and rotate goods; provide great customer service; maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness; implement all aspects of the Gift Aid scheme.
- To actively recruit and encourage volunteering within your shop and maintain a volunteer rota to ensure shop trading at all published times.
- To identify and recommend areas of improvement.
- To deliver accurate and proper financial procedures, banking and administration as required by Dorothy House.
- To participate in education, training, development and appraisal and attend meetings as required.
See our full detailed Job Description on our website for more information.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week over 5 Days. Due to the nature of the role, weekend working is regularly required.
As a Mobile Deputy Manager, you will be required to work across various locations in Warminster area.
- Good standard of Maths and English
- Strong team worker with the ability to motivate a team
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Customer focused with an energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience working in Retail or Charity Shop
- Experience within a management role
- Full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle
Dorothy House is an incredible place to work, these are just a few of our benefits that we offer to our staff:
- Bonus scheme - a yearly bonus for our retail staff
- Generous holiday allowance for all roles, increasing with length of service
- Fantastic refer a friend scheme
- Excellent industry leading training and development programmes with many career development opportunities
- Pension with Life Assurance
- Travel and parking - We offer 45p per mile for work travel. There is unlimited free parking in Winsley.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Counselling and Mindful Employer Charter - providing our staff with information, advice and support for those experiencing stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental health conditions.
- Simply Health - Providing insurance against certain everyday healthcare costs such as dental and optical treatments.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we'd love to see your application.
Please note that our vacancies can close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. We therefore encourage early submission of your application.
Required skills for this position
At Dorothy House, the principles of equality, diversity and inclusivity are central to our work as an outstanding care provider and employer. They are inherent in our values where we care, we connect and we create. We recognise the diversity of the people who deliver our services and the people who receive them. We believe that by building a diverse workforce, underpinned by a culture of respect, we will create an environment where everyone will have access to receive outstanding care and support from Dorothy House, regardless of characteristic.
Our 2021 Services Review identified how we need to work differently to achieve our strategic mission to ensure that “everyone has access to outstanding palliative and end of life care” and has presented us with an opportunity to improve on the “community development” work of the past and engage differently with our communities for the benefit of our patients, carers and families. Put another way, this is our moment ‘to do things differently’ and we are embracing this through Asset Based Community Development. We expect all staff to embrace this strategy and we will provide training accordingly.
What happens next
Your application will be processed. One of the team from Dorothy House may contact you to discuss your application further
If selected, you will be invited to attend an interview
We will keep you informed of the progress of your application throughout the selection process
Every day is different and challenging, and I feel privileged to be let into the lives and homes of our patients
Elaine Kynaston, Dorothy House carer
Dorothy House is at the end of a phone whenever you need advice or reassurance. There’s just something about all the staff – they’re so approachable.
Angela Selman, DH patient, 2022
I was a Hospice at Home carer for thirty years. I think we all feel privileged to do it. It’s an honour to be with people at the very end of life.
Maggie Matthews, Dorothy House carer
I cannot put into words what a difference your carers made at such a dark time, and I will always be truly grateful.
Family of a patient, 2021
Anyone who works for Dorothy House is passionate about what we do. We’re like a family –we agree on our values and our mission and that comes through more than anything
Sue Spanswick, Dorothy House carer
It sounds a cliché, but every day really is totally different and I get to work with some amazing people
Debbie Russell, Mobile Deputy Shop Manager
I really wanted to work for Dorothy house after seeing first-hand the quality of care they provided. I applied for hospice at home carer role, and was thrilled to be offered a position.
Julia Harper, Dorothy House carer
My role at Dorothy House feels more meaningful than any of my previous corporate experience. Things here really matter, and it is so rewarding playing my part in helping us be there for patients and families
Rhiannon Eveleigh, Corporate Communications, 2022