Individual Giving Fundraiser
Applications for this vacancy have now closed
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Fundraising Engagement Team at Dorothy House and we are now on the lookout for an exceptional fundraiser to join us and take on the responsibility of developing, implementing and delivering our diverse Individual Giving portfolio.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING FUNDRAISER | £27,055 - £32,934 per annum
As the Individual Giving Fundraiser you will, amongst other principal responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a programme of Direct Mail and Online cash appeals that provide a stable and growing income stream for Dorothy House
- Support the Head of Fundraising Engagement to develop and diversify our fundraising portfolio by testing and exploring new individual giving fundraising streams
- Support proactive approaches to secure new supporters in all sectors and grow the lifetime value of supporters
- Continue to develop our obsession with the supporter experience, ensuring each supporter receives a journey that is both relevant and exceeds expectations
- With support from the Head of Fundraising Engagement, help deliver a new digital strategy for fundraising engagement
- Be the first point of contact for our partner Local Hospice Lottery
See our full detailed Job Description on our website for more information.
HOURS OF WORK
This role is a full time position and will offer hybrid working. You will be working 37.5 hours across Monday to Friday.
Applicants interested in part time hours will be considered.
Flexible working opportunities with options to discuss a minimum 0.6 WTE commitment around core working hours of 10am until 3pm, and hybrid working with an average of 60% of time spent at our Winsley office.
In order to be successful you will have experience of developing and delivering fundraising campaigns, including digital campaigns. You will have expertise in implementing giving programmes to encourage regular and monthly giving, and will be able to deliver creative and persuasive donor communications. You will be highly analytical, a strategic thinker and a visionary.
- Digital marketing experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of IG fundraising market
- Marketing experience / knowledge
- Creative thinker
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Confident communicator and presenter
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes 27 days annual leave + Bank Holiday's rising with time in service. Exceptional career encouragement, development and ongoing support.
Dorothy House is an incredible place to work, these are just a few of our benefits that we offer to our staff:
- Generous holiday allowance for all roles, increasing with length of service
- Fantastic refer a friend scheme
- Excellent industry leading training and development programmes with many career development opportunities
- Pension with Life Assurance
- Travel and parking - We offer 45p per mile (currently enhanced due to fuel costs) for work travel. There is unlimited free parking in Winsley.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Counselling and Mindful Employer Charter - providing our staff with information, advice and support for those experiencing stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental health conditions.
- Simply Health - Providing insurance against certain everyday healthcare costs such as dental and optical treatments.
If you have the experience we need and are looking for a supportive, collaborative team environment and an opportunity to play a leading role in an individual giving programme then please get in touch. Help us to continue to deliver our Fundraising Engagement Team vision "to create powerful, purposeful and relevant engagement that increases income"
Please note that our vacancies can close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. We therefore encourage early submission of your application.
Interviews for this position are to be held early June.
Required skills for this position
At Dorothy House, the principles of equality, diversity and inclusivity are central to our work as an outstanding care provider and employer. They are inherent in our values where we care, we connect and we create. We recognise the diversity of the people who deliver our services and the people who receive them. We believe that by building a diverse workforce, underpinned by a culture of respect, we will create an environment where everyone will have access to receive outstanding care and support from Dorothy House, regardless of characteristic.
Our 2021 Services Review identified how we need to work differently to achieve our strategic mission to ensure that “everyone has access to outstanding palliative and end of life care” and has presented us with an opportunity to improve on the “community development” work of the past and engage differently with our communities for the benefit of our patients, carers and families. Put another way, this is our moment ‘to do things differently’ and we are embracing this through Asset Based Community Development. We expect all staff to embrace this strategy and we will provide training accordingly.
What happens next
Your application will be processed. One of the team from Dorothy House may contact you to discuss your application further
If selected, you will be invited to attend an interview
We will keep you informed of the progress of your application throughout the selection process
Every day is different and challenging, and I feel privileged to be let into the lives and homes of our patients
Elaine Kynaston, Dorothy House carer
Dorothy House is at the end of a phone whenever you need advice or reassurance. There’s just something about all the staff – they’re so approachable.
Angela Selman, DH patient, 2022
I was a Hospice at Home carer for thirty years. I think we all feel privileged to do it. It’s an honour to be with people at the very end of life.
Maggie Matthews, Dorothy House carer
I cannot put into words what a difference your carers made at such a dark time, and I will always be truly grateful.
Family of a patient, 2021
Anyone who works for Dorothy House is passionate about what we do. We’re like a family –we agree on our values and our mission and that comes through more than anything
Sue Spanswick, Dorothy House carer
It sounds a cliché, but every day really is totally different and I get to work with some amazing people
Debbie Russell, Mobile Deputy Shop Manager
I really wanted to work for Dorothy house after seeing first-hand the quality of care they provided. I applied for hospice at home carer role, and was thrilled to be offered a position.
Julia Harper, Dorothy House carer
My role at Dorothy House feels more meaningful than any of my previous corporate experience. Things here really matter, and it is so rewarding playing my part in helping us be there for patients and families
Rhiannon Eveleigh, Corporate Communications, 2022